27.1.15

#TMBT: Dublin

It's Tuesday. It's January. And I still haven't been paid. Wahh. Which definitely means it's time for another #TakeMeBackTuesday. Sorry I missed posting this last week, turned out to be a pretty bad week, but we're breezing over that with a generous helping of photos from my trip to Dublin last August (Apologies in advance for a likely photo heavy post!).

I'd been to Dublin once before when I was younger but couldn't really remember much of it so was a real treat getting to know the city this time around. The reason we decided to go was because my Mum really wanted to take my Grandad back to where he was born one last time; he turned 92 last Christmas, bless him. So we travelled over last summer along with my Sister and The Boyfriend to visit family and rediscover my roots.

Here are some of my favourite photographs from our little Irish getaway.


Discovering the joys of an Irish breakfast.



<3

One of the things that surprised me about Dublin that I hadn't really thought of before was how close it is to the coast. A ten minute drive from the city centre are the beaches off Bull Island which overlook Howth. It was a tad chilly for August when we were visiting but definitely worth a trip back during sunnier spells!


Messing around at Clontarf Castle near Bull Island





Other highlights of the trip were the view from the top of the Guinness Storehouse, the gorgeous campus of Trinity College, all of the moody grey buildings, having milkshakes at Eddie Rocket's Diner, having a romantic little visit to the shrine of St Valentine in the Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel on Whitefriar Street, and most of all, heading out of the city to see the stunning views from the Wicklow Mountains. Definitely try and make a trip out there if you're ever visiting Dublin.

It was always going to be a special trip for us but I really didn't expect to love Dublin so much. Will definitely be planning a visit again soon.

Leave me a comment with any recommendations of things to visit next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment