9.8.18

Postcard from Leeds


It's funny how time can change the way a whole city lives in your mind. How the streets can eventually hold new meanings and new memories. Things are different when you're post-your old post-code.

Leeds used to mean heartbreak, loneliness, unemployment, breakups outside of coffee shops, prayers on park benches and mould behind wardrobes.

Then came York.

I can remember stepping off the train and looking up at the walls and feeling like I was taking steps for me for once, steps towards a new life in the old city. It meant healing, a new home, rebuilding, actually building, growing, learning.

Then Leeds started to mean new things. It meant a new job, new friends, becoming a new me. Finding confidence, courage, conviction.

Being back today felt good. I'm glad Leeds changed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment