24.2.15

#TMBT: Venice



I think this will probably be the furthest back I'll take you in one of these #TakeMeBackTuesday posts. Today we're heading all the way back to 2005 and hopping on over to Venice, Italy. This was my first ever trip to Italy and it was an immediate love affair. I went as part of an Art trip, and at the time was really *into* photography, and probably still under the impression I'd be off to Art College to 'hone my craft'. I can't believe it's been 10 years since then.


So these are some photos from the trip that I managed to dig up from my old Flickr account. I think you can definitely tell from the tone of the photos that I was into the artsy vibe...

Bare feet on Murano

Fleeting moments in St Mark's Square
A curious little boy who I remember took imaginary photographs with his toy camera

Looking back through these photos actually makes me feel so nostalgic. Not just for Venice, which I loved, but for that feeling of ambition and pride in my photography. A moment of my life that always stands out is when I went for my interview for my foundation year at Art College, and talking through my portfolio the interviewer being really impressed with my photos. 

Turned out that I decided to go on to do History of Art instead and sort of left photography behind. It's something I've always wanted to get back into, I guess I just feel like everyone is into photography these days. Not that that should stop me, I don't know. We'll see. 

For now I hope you enjoyed this slice of Italian imagery. I've got some photographs of Rome knocking around somewhere that I'll try and dig out for another of these #TMBT posts.

What's your favourite place in Italy? I'm hoping to tick off Florence and Naples next!

No comments:

Post a Comment