13.1.15

#TMBT: Dubai

Aaaandd it's Tuesday again. ALREADY. Kind of glad January is whizzing happily by as Pay Day feels like it will never come. Sob. Anyway, as promised in my #TakeMeBackTuesdays post, today I'm sharing photos with you from my trip to Dubai back in April last year.


Since turning 50 in 2013 which was celebrated with a trip to New York, my Mum has vowed to tick off her bucket list of places to travel, and happily for me and my sister, take us with her. So back in March last year, she called me up out the blue and casually dropped in "Oh, do you fancy Dubai in a couple of weeks time?" So of course I jumped at the chance to go!

I didn't really know what to expect as hadn't visited any Arabic countries before, but I absolutely loved it. It's pretty hard to describe the atmosphere, but I found it quite... tranquil. I dunno, it's hard to sum up. But obviously all the main draws wowed me too; the shopping, dining, sightseeing, the architecture and of course, the sun! We left behind freezing spring temperatures in England for the high 30s of the UAE. Dreamy.

Here are some of my favourite photos from the trip. Good memories for a gloomy Tuesday.


Mother Jones looking glam as ever.

Ohhh take me back please.

Have you ever been to Dubai? What were your best bits? Let me know in the comments.

In the next #TakeMeBackTuesday post I'll be taking you over to Dublin, so make sure you drop by next week!

Kirstie xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment