29.12.14

So Long, 2014


Not quite getting the hang of this blogging malarkey am I? The last post I wrote was all the way back in February, and I just found a draft post from April titled M.I.A that I never got round to publishing. What a fail. I think I meant to tell you back in the spring that while I had planned on making 2014 the year I properly got into blogging, life got in the way in a very big way as this year turned out to be the year we bought a house instead!

All the way back in March we very luckily were leant some money for a house deposit by The Boyfriend's brother, so had a whirlwind few weeks of scouring Zoopla for our perfect purchase before having an offer accepted on our little doer-upper by the beginning of April. After a very long-winded process of getting our mortgage sorted (I'll tell you all about this another time!) we got the keys in July, started work on it while we still lived in our rented flat, and finally moved in in September. After which we spent 12 weeks without a bathroom or kitchen (another long story I'll tell you about later...) It's been a massive adventure and I feel like I've aged about ten years in the last 9 months but buying my first house definitely tops my list of highlights for 2014!

My other 2014 best bits:

- Travelling to Dublin with my 91 year old Grandad to see the street he grew up on
- Speaking about social media on a panel at the Travel Technology Europe Conference in London *
- Winning xameliax's Instagram photo challenge all the way back in January
- Taking in the views from the top of the world's tallest building with my mum in Dubai
- A girly hen weekend in Liverpool followed by my friend Vikki's gorgeous wedding
- Spending a whirlwind 24 hours in Barcelona with Capital FM *
- Riding on the world's tallest roller coaster at the Port Aventura theme park *
- Winning a bronze medal at the It's A Knockout Challenge to raise money for St Leonard's Hospice
- Soaking up the sun in the beautiful Algarve with The Boyfriend and his family
- Being treated to a spa weekend with The Boyfriend for my birthday
- Catching a glimpse of Kate and Wills at Harewood House for the Tour de Yorkshire
- Meeting Joey the horse backstage at War Horse and seeing the truly amazing poppies at the Tower of London *

Not a bad year really! Here's hoping 2015 is even better. Plans for the New Year are mostly focused on finishing the house, but blog wise I'm hoping to be able to post more often, and let you all in on the progress we're making. I love looking at home makeovers so if you do too then stay tuned! I've also been thinking about starting up a YouTube channel as haven't really come across any homey style Vloggers. If you know of any please let me know in the comments below!

Until next time.
Kirstie xo.

* All thanks to www.superbreak.com

The views expressed in this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SuperBreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment